A work from home career or business, no matter how attractive it is to everyone, may not be for everybody who is not willing to make ends meet. There are several conditions and factors to take into consideration before one embarks on this unfamiliar territory of employment. I wouldn’t be surprised if I meet people who are not really keen into leaving their comfort zones and starting a new life. Watch this video and find out how I started my work from home career here.
Apparently, there are also others who have cracked the code to successfully running a business at home. Take a look into your personality and see if you can handle this new work at home career. If you answered yes to all of the questions below, then you know you are ready, fit and able to sustain your work from home career.
- Do you know how fix and manage your schedules?
- Can you discipline yourself to not procrastinate?
- Do you have excellent work ethics?
- Can you multitask? Are you multi-talented?
- Are you comfortable working alone or do you constantly feel the need to be with other people?
- Does my family support and acknowledge my home-based franchise or small business?
- Do you know how to communicate well when visual feedback is limited?
- Do you have the necessary space and facilities to operate a business from home?
- Is this office space conducive enough for work?
- Is my office space not easily accessible by my family or pets?
- How motivated are you in running your own business at home?
- Do you know how to fight the urge to buy milk, pay bills or other errands?
- Are you willing to set boundaries with your family & friends whenever you are in work mode?
- Will you be able to separate work life and home life?
(photo from the internet)
While there are millions of other questions to ask yourself on how ready and able you are to devote yourself to building a work from home career or business, the one key thing to note is how functional your work from home space is inside your home. Your space should be devoid of interruptions and distractions to ensure maximum productivity.
The people around you must also respect and honor the commitment it takes to manage a work from home business and offer you the peace and quiet you need when you are at work. When you know you got yourself all figured out, running a business from home can be quite rewarding! Think you are ready? Read then the 5 Steps to Start Working From Home.
Back before when we have discussed how working from home is the new era, it seems like we have struck a nerve from our readers both negatively and positively. We cannot help but also have questions from people who are not certain about their future when they work from home and join Empower Network Australia. Fortunately, there are people who are open-minded about the concept of becoming your own boss and building their enterprise while working from home who gave us quite positive feedbacks about it.
Apart from working at home is anyone’s dream, there are so many reasons that I can write on how fun, beneficial and productive working from home is. I couldn’t give more emphasis on its advantages but I also can understand how taking and making the first step to get started is the hardest part.
Start on your skillset. Do you know what kind of work do you want to do? Decide on a career path and start from there. You might have been in the corporate world so much you can’t think of a career to embark on that actually makes YOU the boss. But in reality, your skills should be something you capitalize on. What is the reason that makes your former boss pay you wages every month for? Use that! If you have been writing for the company for years, why not become a freelance writer or set up a firm where you can house writers and have companies pay them for hire per hour. Try WordPress or Blogger and make money off blogging. See how you can do this by watching this video here.
Research, study and train. Leaving your corporate life can be daunting so make sure you have enough ammunition at hand to take the first step out of it. Look up on opportunities and different ways on making money while at home. Say, if you decided to start up a blog and capitalize on it, check out tutorials on making blogs and setting up money-making widgets from affiliates and ads. Apply all these research and train yourself on becoming very good at what you are currently teaching yourself with. Master tests online such as grammar, spelling, writing or typing tests. Get certificates from authorized institutions such as Google if you are into internet and online marketing.
Set up now. Furnish copies of certificates, permits, recommendations and referrals. Allot a small working space at home where you have your computer, internet, and phone all geared up and ready. Create a calendar for tasks you will do in the first 3 months of being a work-from-home employer to garner enough leverage in the playing field.
Now that you have decided that working from home is something you can build your career on, then get started on how to work from home and setting up your home office for your Empower Network business in the process. Hey, it was never easy. Check out how I started here by watching this video.
Got any questions for us?
In our line of business and work, we have tremendously enjoyed the perks of working at home and building our empire at the comforts of well, our comfort zone. I couldn’t stress it enough how much I would like to help, coach, advice and bring people the kind of success that I am now in.
I now own my own time. I see to it that just because I am mostly working from home and enjoying my financial freedom without waking up at 8am to beat the rush hour traffic heading to an office. How, then, you ask, can working at home is more productive compared to being inside an office that binds you to your chair until the clock strikes out?
There are others who compel themselves into thinking that working from home is productive when in reality – it really is. There is no rocket science to it how it works. It makes people much more efficient because it allows us to deal with the littlest chores at home while getting the work done at the same time.
You see, a large percentage of the city’s population do their groceries after work – which is usually around 6pm onwards. When you get inside the supermarket, I wouldn’t be surprised if you get out as fast as you got in. It is a nightmare shopping for groceries when everyone else also has the same idea at the same time. Because of the flexibility of my time, I can do grocery shopping before the rush hour strikes and leave as quickly as I came.
And don’t get me started on bank hours. If you start working earlier, you can pop by the bank a little too early than the cut-off time for banks to close. These lull times make you queue faster and shorter.
See – what do you think will happen if more people can do that? We can all possibly eliminate both human and vehicular traffic. The whole point of working at home AND being productive at the same time is to find a balance where you can fit your work life into the rest of your life – while being EFFICIENT at the same time.
Convinced so far? The next time you get distracted by the background noise of your officemate behind you who is chattering away and spilling coffee all over his desk or the next you roll your eyes over the long queue at the supermarket during rush hour – think about gaining traction in the telecommuting business and build your empire at home.
More stories of how to increase productivity here. Ciao!
We have discussed before the savings of work at home entrepreneurs and the list just keeps on growing. It turns out – mom’s who work at home also get to save and do more! When mothers choose the internet lifestyle and decided to become work-at-home moms, there are tips for them to save money to do away with extravagant expenses. They can easily plan and maximize their time with the family this way.
1. Create Playdates at Home. One of the best part about being a stay at home entrepreneur is the amount of time you can easily spend with your kids. Instead of brining them to the arcade or spend so much at the mall all the time, schedule it to once a week and create activities at home. 2. Cook Meals at home. Limit going out of the house and spending so much money on restaurants and diners. Be creative and organize meals that they look forward to every day. Monday could be Asian Fusion while Tuesday could be Mexican food. The possibilities are endless! 3. Invest in museum, pool, zoo or library memberships. Turn playdates into something educational while you capitalize your income on joining these establishments. It will save you money if you like taking the kids regularly to these places. Visit also places that do not require memberships and cost absolutely nothing such as the neighborhood playground and parks. 4. Visit the bank once a week. Withdraw money every Monday and stretch until your next visit to the ATM – which is a week after. 5. Clip coupons. Clip and trade coupons and keep the ones that you need. Trade with your girlfriend if you want and swap items that you can use yourself.
Being a work from home mother sometimes means finding new ways to keep the family entertained. If you consider spending a week with the family and the costs it entails, it definitely helps keeping track on significant ways to save money while building your business at home.
Have you decided yet if you want to be a mom who works in the office or a mom who works from home? More tips only here at the 7FigureSurfer.com.
Now that we have established how large the percentage of people working at home is lately, it clearly is the new era of employment – at the comforts of our home.
The brouhaha over Yahoo!’s latest policy on ending employees’ work-at-home standing riled a lot of work-at-home workers who thought otherwise.
Has Yahoo! gone backwards to the stone age?
Working at home not only increases productivity (I didn’t even realize I’ve been working for 10 hours straight!) but drive us to work harder. When companies give their employees the option to work at home they will all the more gain an intensely loyal, hard-working employee.
Communication and collaboration will be always be important in the work place but then if the absolute best place to work is at work – everything else will follow. Working at home requires less desk space, less electricity and less rent. Therefore, everything else is inexpensive.
There are other kinds of jobs that are best done at home, too. Others are operational, some are rather creative. Research said that IT staff, sales representatives, business development executives, marketing and copywriting staff were most likely to work at home. If you think you belong to this industry, I certainly cannot see why you can’t join in the workforce – at home.
Haven’t decided yet if you should work at home or not? Watch this video and find out how I managed to pry myself from the corporate world to becoming one of the top earners in this industry.
A recent article gave me enough ideas to share to you about the benefits of working at home. Apart from the many reasons why we love to work at home, there is another thing that we missed but will truly appreciate not being deducted from our wages – TAXES AND OTHER COSTS!
Normally we hardly bring up taxes but how about mentioning the few things that we are going to be free from? There are A LOT of tax advantages and savings to working at home and building your own business. Do you know when you work at home it also saves you thousands of dollars? Here are the few items that you are going to be free from deductions of or pocket the extra money from:
- Commute – People who commute (or drive) usually take 25minutes one way. Add that to your round trip toll fees, parking fees and gas, you can pretty much save all those money every day.
- Office Supplies – How many bond paper do you need? Will a printer be required? Need anything to staple, cut or pin? Hardly.
- Meals – Daily lunches with officemates and your daily trips to get your Starbucks coffee fix will be a thing of the past. Home cooked meals are also the best — not to mention healthier!
- Work Clothes – Working at home means fewer dressier clothes! You wouldn’t be compelled to shell out more just to look corporate. The most taxing thing about leaving home for work is the time spent for dressing up. Maximize that extra time instead to work.
- Office Parties and Fundraisers – You know how your officemates make you pay extra for gifts to colleagues you barely even know? There will no annoying officemate to give your hard earned money to!
While working at home is not without the usual start up costs such as paying for utilities, internet subscription and a really good ergonomically built chair, these costs will be and can be defrayed by the savings you pocket every month. Switching from office life to telecommuting, these are the best savings you can possibly enjoy when working at home.
——————————————————– Want to work at home but not sure how to start? Watch this awesome video on how it all started for me here.
We have already established how much it could benefit us more if we happen to earn more money while working at home and juggling over life at the same time. Members of the Empower Network Australia are entrepreneurs with either no experiences or just online marketing first timers who wanted build dynasties while they are young.
Over the past months, we have had women coming out of the their cubicles and decided to join us and work at home. Decisions like these are never easy especially when moms who have 3-4 kids and are taking care of the entire household.
Kids plus housework and a super job is just too much for a mom to handle.
Moms would certainly want to enjoy the time of their lives with their kids – in their best shape and not burn out from slaving away at their corporate lives.
see watermark for photo credit
Empower Network has certainly proven that not only men but also women can contribute to the family finances, nurture their filial bond and can still do that without clocking in and out at the office. We have supported a lot of mothers already and has established a network for these women who wants to consider other options that will make them earn more money.
This is your ticket to start becoming that supermom who is always home with kids and earn more money while working at home.
How to get started?
Many moms from the Empower Network team found themselves lucky to work at home and blessed with various jobs and money making opportunities that they couldn’t believe they have not thought of doing this years ago. We couldn’t wait to have you on board! Shoot me an email if you want to get started or just drop a comment here.
Meanwhile, let me show you how if others can do it, why can’t you –
If you are reading this from the other side of the world, it is either your weekend is over or your weekend is going to be over in a matter of hours. What comes next after the weekend? Yes – slaving away again to your corporate life.
I used to remember what it was like to get up every Monday and go work. During the winter season does not alleviate such feeling also especially when you look outside the window and see it is still dark and snowing. It certainly makes you wish for longer weekends – or for every day to be a weekend!
What could certainly motivate you to just work at home and build your business there instead? When it is a Monday and your body just couldn’t will itself to move because you are not happy with your job? Or when it is a great day outside and you can just jump right into the beach with your dogs?
I’ve been building my business and working at home at the same for quite some time now. I fly out to places I want to go, I jump right into the beach and surf, I do not set an alarm and get up when the kids do. The last $625 I made overnight seems something other people are unlikely to achieve while surfing or doing their hobbies during the day.
How about we stop getting up every Monday and start planning right now how to live the life you wish you could while generating $$$ at the same time?
Here at Empower Network Australia, our team will singlehandedly direct you to that path. The choice to whether you will enjoy the weekend because of the two days off only or enjoy the entire week because you have all the time of the your life to make money and enjoy the free time will no longer creep up once you get out of that nightmare.
So which day of the week do you like: Saturday and Sunday because it is the weekend or Friday because of the advent of a weekend? Or how about liking all days of the week instead and no longer dreading Mondays? Join us today and witness how our team is now enjoying the luxury of having to eliminate Monday blues every week. Check out how we all can do it and so can you too!
All over the world, people want more control over their lives by starting their own businesses at home and becoming their own bosses. A home office is becoming an “IT” location for generating extra money and being your primary source of income. When your career involves making your own hours, commuting to work in seconds and making your own choices and decisions as the boss of your own organization, you know you are in the right path.
- Create a work calendar and build your schedule around it. Back when you were still working in the office, you find yourself waking up early and dressing up everyday to get to work on time. Now that you’re working at home and the home is your office, create also routine that you can accustom to as your “work routine” to pay respects to your new career and business. If you have not practiced that, you will eventually tire of how loosely you treat your work hours and lose focus. Even if you can allocate four hours in the morning and continue working on another set of hours after grabbing a quick dinner date with your mom, always monitor and keep track of your schedule. It might take some time to adjust and handle time management but you will eventually take control of it in the future.
- Decide What Part of the House to Use and consider it as your “office”. The perfect working space should have your work essentials around it that can hold your business papers and office supplies or equipment. This working space should be comfortable and spacious enough for a desk, a table or counters. Your working space should be devoid of any distraction from family members, friends and pets that can easily come by and disturb you.
- Build a Realistic Budget. Working at home means you will also have to invest in your own office supplies and equipment. Say goodbye to the laptop your previous company gave and buy yourself a new one. Invest in a very durable headset for voice over the internet communications. Other common and recurring expenses might be really fast broadband subscriptions that you should also consider. Working at home means you are going to be spending a lot of time online and any faulty internet connection might result to communication or sales breakdown for you.A home business without a budget is a money pit in the making. Before you spend a single cent on your business, figure out what you’ll need to buy, how much it will cost and where the money will come from.
4. Dress the part. Working at home does not give you the license to be lazy. Even if no one will chastise you why you are in your pajamas while creating marketing drafts but staying in your pajamas will never work. Treat your home office with much seriousness as you would if your superior was just 3 doors away.
Did this help in making you realize how beneficial it is to work at home?
Here in Empower Network, our team strives hard to make it comfortable and easy it is for you when you begin your new career. Working at home and managing your own business is just a start – continuing to progress in the future is something that we get to hold hands with!here.