Do you remember when our moms use to tell us, “Drink your milk,” or “Don’t forget to study,” or “Make sure you don’t sleep past your bedtime.” Well, us entrepreneurs and marketers who are constantly breaking over our backs, poring over our laptops and checking our what’s the trend, what is the latest and what is currently being talked about – oh, the perks of working from home and building our enterprise – sometimes forget one tiny detail.
But just like how it is with our moms, let us constantly remind ourselves to TAKE A BREAK. Just because you are working from home does not mean that you will be poring over your business 24/7 considering the easy access to work and business is not making you stop working.
We all deserve a break. Even writers have writer’s block. Marketers also come to a point where we run into a stump and get silly thinking of ways to be creative. Hey – we are human after all. *wink*
Running a business and raising a family at the same time can burn out the best of us. Take fifteen minutes in between and perhaps try these –
– Make coffee. Brew that Starbucks beans you’ve been dying to try and sip it while lounging on your Lazyboy. – Or make tea and sit in front of the fire and watch the embers grow. – Play fetch with your pet or simply enjoy a few minutes of cuddling and playing chase. – Call a friend. Laugh over old stories. – Take a cat nap. – Whip up a delicious snack. – Take out a magazine that is not related to your business or work and read. – Take a quick lap around your neighborhood. – Indulge in a hot bath. – Skim over Pinterest and Instagram where everything is in photos and does not have heavy reading material. – Clear your head and meditate. – Do yoga! – Rearrange your library or living room. – Bring out that guitar and rock it out. – Zumba away! – Color-code your one part of your wardrobe.
Break out the crazy in between to maintain that balance between your work and your personal time. You will realize how refreshing it is to take these breaks once in a while.
If you are reading this from the other side of the world, it is either your weekend is over or your weekend is going to be over in a matter of hours. What comes next after the weekend? Yes – slaving away again to your corporate life.
I used to remember what it was like to get up every Monday and go work. During the winter season does not alleviate such feeling also especially when you look outside the window and see it is still dark and snowing. It certainly makes you wish for longer weekends – or for every day to be a weekend!
What could certainly motivate you to just work at home and build your business there instead? When it is a Monday and your body just couldn’t will itself to move because you are not happy with your job? Or when it is a great day outside and you can just jump right into the beach with your dogs?
I’ve been building my business and working at home at the same for quite some time now. I fly out to places I want to go, I jump right into the beach and surf, I do not set an alarm and get up when the kids do. The last $625 I made overnight seems something other people are unlikely to achieve while surfing or doing their hobbies during the day.
How about we stop getting up every Monday and start planning right now how to live the life you wish you could while generating $$$ at the same time?
Here at Empower Network Australia, our team will singlehandedly direct you to that path. The choice to whether you will enjoy the weekend because of the two days off only or enjoy the entire week because you have all the time of the your life to make money and enjoy the free time will no longer creep up once you get out of that nightmare.
So which day of the week do you like: Saturday and Sunday because it is the weekend or Friday because of the advent of a weekend? Or how about liking all days of the week instead and no longer dreading Mondays? Join us today and witness how our team is now enjoying the luxury of having to eliminate Monday blues every week. Check out how we all can do it and so can you too!
All over the world, people want more control over their lives by starting their own businesses at home and becoming their own bosses. A home office is becoming an “IT” location for generating extra money and being your primary source of income. When your career involves making your own hours, commuting to work in seconds and making your own choices and decisions as the boss of your own organization, you know you are in the right path.
- Create a work calendar and build your schedule around it. Back when you were still working in the office, you find yourself waking up early and dressing up everyday to get to work on time. Now that you’re working at home and the home is your office, create also routine that you can accustom to as your “work routine” to pay respects to your new career and business. If you have not practiced that, you will eventually tire of how loosely you treat your work hours and lose focus. Even if you can allocate four hours in the morning and continue working on another set of hours after grabbing a quick dinner date with your mom, always monitor and keep track of your schedule. It might take some time to adjust and handle time management but you will eventually take control of it in the future.
- Decide What Part of the House to Use and consider it as your “office”. The perfect working space should have your work essentials around it that can hold your business papers and office supplies or equipment. This working space should be comfortable and spacious enough for a desk, a table or counters. Your working space should be devoid of any distraction from family members, friends and pets that can easily come by and disturb you.
- Build a Realistic Budget. Working at home means you will also have to invest in your own office supplies and equipment. Say goodbye to the laptop your previous company gave and buy yourself a new one. Invest in a very durable headset for voice over the internet communications. Other common and recurring expenses might be really fast broadband subscriptions that you should also consider. Working at home means you are going to be spending a lot of time online and any faulty internet connection might result to communication or sales breakdown for you.A home business without a budget is a money pit in the making. Before you spend a single cent on your business, figure out what you’ll need to buy, how much it will cost and where the money will come from.
4. Dress the part. Working at home does not give you the license to be lazy. Even if no one will chastise you why you are in your pajamas while creating marketing drafts but staying in your pajamas will never work. Treat your home office with much seriousness as you would if your superior was just 3 doors away.
Did this help in making you realize how beneficial it is to work at home?
Here in Empower Network, our team strives hard to make it comfortable and easy it is for you when you begin your new career. Working at home and managing your own business is just a start – continuing to progress in the future is something that we get to hold hands with!here.