Do you remember when our moms use to tell us, “Drink your milk,” or “Don’t forget to study,” or “Make sure you don’t sleep past your bedtime.” Well, us entrepreneurs and marketers who are constantly breaking over our backs, poring over our laptops and checking our what’s the trend, what is the latest and what is currently being talked about – oh, the perks of working from home and building our enterprise – sometimes forget one tiny detail.
But just like how it is with our moms, let us constantly remind ourselves to TAKE A BREAK. Just because you are working from home does not mean that you will be poring over your business 24/7 considering the easy access to work and business is not making you stop working.
We all deserve a break. Even writers have writer’s block. Marketers also come to a point where we run into a stump and get silly thinking of ways to be creative. Hey – we are human after all. *wink*
Running a business and raising a family at the same time can burn out the best of us. Take fifteen minutes in between and perhaps try these –
– Make coffee. Brew that Starbucks beans you’ve been dying to try and sip it while lounging on your Lazyboy.
– Or make tea and sit in front of the fire and watch the embers grow.
– Play fetch with your pet or simply enjoy a few minutes of cuddling and playing chase.
– Call a friend. Laugh over old stories.
– Take a cat nap.
– Whip up a delicious snack.
– Take out a magazine that is not related to your business or work and read.
– Take a quick lap around your neighborhood.
– Indulge in a hot bath.
– Skim over Pinterest and Instagram where everything is in photos and does not have heavy reading material.
– Clear your head and meditate.
– Do yoga!
– Rearrange your library or living room.
– Bring out that guitar and rock it out.
– Zumba away!
– Color-code your one part of your wardrobe.
Break out the crazy in between to maintain that balance between your work and your personal time. You will realize how refreshing it is to take these breaks once in a while.