A work from home career or business, no matter how attractive it is to everyone, may not be for everybody who is not willing to make ends meet. There are several conditions and factors to take into consideration before one embarks on this unfamiliar territory of employment. I wouldn’t be surprised if I meet people who are not really keen into leaving their comfort zones and starting a new life. Watch this video and find out how I started my work from home career here.
Apparently, there are also others who have cracked the code to successfully running a business at home. Take a look into your personality and see if you can handle this new work at home career. If you answered yes to all of the questions below, then you know you are ready, fit and able to sustain your work from home career.
- Do you know how fix and manage your schedules?
- Can you discipline yourself to not procrastinate?
- Do you have excellent work ethics?
- Can you multitask? Are you multi-talented?
- Are you comfortable working alone or do you constantly feel the need to be with other people?
- Does my family support and acknowledge my home-based franchise or small business?
- Do you know how to communicate well when visual feedback is limited?
- Do you have the necessary space and facilities to operate a business from home?
- Is this office space conducive enough for work?
- Is my office space not easily accessible by my family or pets?
- How motivated are you in running your own business at home?
- Do you know how to fight the urge to buy milk, pay bills or other errands?
- Are you willing to set boundaries with your family & friends whenever you are in work mode?
- Will you be able to separate work life and home life?
(photo from the internet)
While there are millions of other questions to ask yourself on how ready and able you are to devote yourself to building a work from home career or business, the one key thing to note is how functional your work from home space is inside your home. Your space should be devoid of interruptions and distractions to ensure maximum productivity.
The people around you must also respect and honor the commitment it takes to manage a work from home business and offer you the peace and quiet you need when you are at work. When you know you got yourself all figured out, running a business from home can be quite rewarding! Think you are ready? Read then the 5 Steps to Start Working From Home.